Before you place your property on the market, repair, neutralize and de-clutter. You want your home to shine. Below is a list of all areas that you should focus on in order to get buyers ready to buy your home. You want the buyers to feel like it’s their home from beginning to end.
- Rule of thumb… if something needs repairing, fix it!
- Check all walls for peeling paint, nail holes, loose wallpaper and scuff marks
- Get a pre-inspection
- Cleaning Every area of the home needs to sparkle and shine
- Remove clutter.
- Pack away collectibles such as figurines, model cars etc.
- Clean all windows
- Clean gutters. Power wash roof if necessary
- Clean attics and basements
- Clean all flooring including throw rugs. If old, replace them
- Clean and polish all woodwork. Pay special attention to cabinets. Replace hardware if old
- Clean and polish all light fixtures. Replace light bulbs
- Be cautious about selecting colors when painting and replacing carpet. Think beige
- If your home has many different colors, think about painting all rooms the same color
- Remove outdated wallpaper and replace with neutral paint
- Replace old light fixtures with more modern style (great return on the dollar!)
- Place furniture to make each room appear larger.
- Remove personal items such as trophies, family photos.
- Keep the house picked up. Throw away the morning paper, empty the trash
- Organize closets. Good time for donating items you no longer use or need
- Place extra lamps in dark spaces to increase lighting
- Take down draperies to let more natural light in
- Clean the blinds
- Eliminate all offensive odors (cigarettes, pets, diaper, cooking)
- Air freshener placed in every room
- Cat litter boxes stored out of sight
- Give pets a bath on regular basis to eliminate pet odors
- Add Seasonal plants on either side of front door in attractive pots
- Freshly paint the front door
- Porch/Stoop/Front door area is clean and inviting
- All cracked window panes are replaced and repainted
- All locks are in good working order. Replace old window hardware
- Screens are clean and free from tears
- Throw away old doormat. Replace with ‚Welcome‘ mat
- Yard is mowed. Sticks and debris is picked up
- Trees and shrubs are pruned or replaced if dead
- Flowerbeds have fresh pine straw or mulch
- Weeds are removed
- Animal feces are pick-up
- Driveway is clean
- Cover oil spots with cat litter to absorb the oil
- Toys are picked-up from yard and driveway
Taking the time to prepare your property for sale will ultimately get your home sold faster than a home that is not ready for market.
The secret to selling your home is to remember: Buyers will buy homes in the best condition at the best price.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Carolyn West